Hello everyone, Benjamin Thomas Blodgett (BenVlodgi) here,
You’re probably here to download to the BEE, or to download the resource package required to play chambers created with the BEE.
Current Version 1.05 View the update log at the bottom of the page
Here is the automatic installer Download @ Github
For the manual installation, download and extract the Source Code (zip) from github, and merge the enclosed portal 2 directory, with your existing “portal 2″ directory and overwrite all changes. you will find the portal 2 directory here \Steam\steamapps\common\
I do not yet have the resource package up, for now you will just have install the mod to get the resources.
Don’t forget to add #BEEMOD to your published chamber’s descriptions to help people find cooler chambers like yours! Click HERE to search for those chambers now!
I will post tutorials on how to properly use each item later.
Until then if you have questions, post in one of these forums/discussion boards to get help from other users. I do check these boards myself to make sure questions are being answered, or that information is correct.
If you want to have a pellet emitter disable after the pellet has been caught, then set the catcher to target a not gate, which then sends its outputs to the emitter, also make sure the emitter does not have “Start Enabled” checked.
The BEE is an extension to the Portal Testing Initiative created by Valve Software.
The BEE adds new items to the Palette, these items include:
- Orange AutoPortal
- High Energy Pellets (HEPs)
- Pneumatic Diversity Vents
- Triggers Blocks:
- Logic Gates:
- Panel Drawbridge
- Warm Lights
When you finish making your chamber with BEE installed you can publish your maps just like normal, however puzzles you make that include High Energy Pellets (HEPs) will require people who download your chamber to install the BEE-resource package before playing the chamber.
If you are a savvy person you can use pakrat to package the HEP resources into your .bsp before publishing. By doing this people wont have to have the BEE-resource package installed to play your chamber.
- Fixed turret overlapping pellet catcher item on the palette.
- Fixed compatability issue with PTI Coop.
- Note: Autoportals will not work properly in coop mode, also this is a hotfix update and has not been tested at all.
- Fixed autoportal sometimes emitting backwards into the void
- Fixed warm light strip selection
- Fixed broken NOT gate
- Removed NAND and NOR gates to stop crashes when adding logic entities
- Fixed when starting a one portal chamber, when you walk through the entry door you loose the gun and get it back. That was designed for the preview mode, not to be in chambers when published.
- Fixed PDVs particle effects no showing up on loads from saved games.